•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron CPWI software errors

Celestron Mount Software
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 arshadwm

arshadwm

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Houston

Posted 17 May 2021 - 05:41 PM

While doing Allignment through Starsense on Celestron CPWI software, I get the following error. Please see attached snapshot and advise. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 6443712B-7534-48DD-885A-9BA41A47C3C6.jpeg

#2 Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart

Apollo

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:34 PM

How do you do your initial / rough polar alignment???     From the looks of your east west error  your are almost 1 degree too far west,  loosen the east west knobs and bump the mount east.  You are just a little off on the north movement.     Joe 

#3 arshadwm

arshadwm

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 May 2021 - 12:17 AM

I use my mobile phone compass to point the tripod towards North and OT towards South. I’m also using Wedge.

#4 Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart

Apollo

Posted 18 May 2021 - 12:47 AM

OK,  This is a fork mount??   After initial alignment,  is Polaris in the finder or eyepiece??   At any rate, my opinion, unless you are using a program like Sharpcap Pro - polar align, Polemaster, or something similar this could be  a long process.  After your initial alignment and your first round with CPWI,  move the mount in the direction needed.  According to the numbers in the first post North is pretty close.  Move your mount first in the direction you are off by the most.  You will be doing several rounds of plotting stars.   Once you are close enough and you can live with it  mark your ground where the tripod should be so you can come back to that location.

If you were to get Sharpcap,  downloading is free.  The Pro license is I think $15 US, 10 British pounds a year.   With this program as long as you have a camera that is supported by Sharpcap and it can see a 2 degree by 1 degree FOV  you can get a pretty accurate alignment in about 5 minutes.  I think Polemaster is a one time buy.

You can obtain a very accurate alignment by doing the process in CPWI,  it will just take time to do.  That is why I stress marking your ground where the scope is so you can come back to it everytime.

I hope this helps,    Joe

#5 arshadwm

arshadwm

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 May 2021 - 06:15 PM

Thank You very much. Yes it’s dual fork Alt Azm Mount on Wedge. I also have Starsense which is quite useful. The snapshot showing the result of the scope aligned through Starsense technology.

Regards.

#6 Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart

Apollo

Posted 18 May 2021 - 07:17 PM

I do not think Sharpcap woks on a fork mount.  You are on a wedge so it might.   Joe

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Celestron, Mount, Software

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics