•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Need help using the SNAP port on the EQ6-R to control camera

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jstrandberg

jstrandberg

Ranger 4

• topic starter
  • Loc: Prescott, AZ

Posted 18 May 2021 - 08:01 AM

I have been experimenting with using the SNAP port on my EQ6-R so I can ditch my intervalometer. Setup was easy, I entered different exposure times on each of the 8 different groups of parameters in the hand controller. Following the instructions in the manual, I then selected the "Camera Control \ Shoot" function on the hand controller and pressed the Enter key. The hand controller immediately initiated the Group 1 parameters. However, when I tried to select a different Group to shoot, every time I pressed Enter to begin shooting, it used the Group 1 parameters. There is probably some simple step I am missing, but after a half hour of fiddling I thought I would come here and see if someone else uses this function on the EQ6-R and can get me up and running.

I have an email out to Sky Watcher but so far no reply. I would appreciate any help.

#2 acommonsoul

acommonsoul

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Hacienda Heights, Ca

Posted 18 May 2021 - 08:58 AM

Sorry I have no experience using the hand controller to initiate a photo, but I do use a computer to do so. It is really easy using any type of photo capture software.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics