•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Craigslist,eBay and other vintage/classic telescope ads

• Please log in to reply
530 replies to this topic

#526 semlin

semlin

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted Today, 02:12 PM

They want $4200 for it with a cracked lens. 

well yeah, but it has the original coin box.

it looks like zeiss gave them the build history on the objective so i am sure they gave a terrifying quote to replace it.  what would a fully restored functional zeiss 6" scope be worth i wonder?

#527 starman876

starman876

Nihon Seiko

• Vendors
  • Loc: VA

Posted Today, 02:15 PM

well yeah, but it has the original coin box.

it looks like zeiss gave them the build history on the objective so i am sure they gave a terrifying quote to replace it.  what would a fully restored functional zeiss 6" scope be worth i wonder?

the 6" Zeiss APQ goes for around $25K

• semlin and Bomber Bob like this

#528 starman876

starman876

Nihon Seiko

• Vendors
  • Loc: VA

Posted Today, 03:53 PM

https://www.cloudyni...-gem-telescope/

interesting 12.5" on GEM  $3500.   and in FL. And no Chas, will not fit in the vette or the volt , you cant lift it and it wont fit through a 32" door.

Edited by starman876, Today, 04:54 PM.

• semlin and Bomber Bob like this

#529 Bomber Bob

Bomber Bob

Hubble

• Loc: The Swamp, USA

Posted Today, 05:28 PM

The ad says it uses .965 eyepieces but an adapter can be used.  Not sure if it will reach 2"

IF this FA-80 has the same back plate as my GT-80, then the Baader 42mm to 2" ClickLock should fit it -- gonna be testing that as soon as I get mine from Agena...  Very Tempting, but I don't have an A-Mart acct; and, according to Marcus, the original 1983 Blue Tube is the best version of this APO...

#530 Ben H

Ben H

Viking 1

• -----

Posted Today, 06:05 PM

https://www.cloudyni...-gem-telescope/

interesting 12.5" on GEM  $3500.   and in FL. And no Chas, will not fit in the vette or the volt , you cant lift it and it wont fit through a 32" door.

"All the good deals are in Florida"
"That looks like a backbreaker"
"I would need a big truck to get that monster home"

lol.gif 

In all seriousness though, I marvel at the folks who build these massive observatory class mounts and then travel around with them. 

• Augustus likes this

#531 CHASLX200

CHASLX200

ISS

• Loc: Tampa area Florida

Posted Today, 06:49 PM

That scope has been for sale for a long time. More like 2k would be a better price. I don't have a Volt. 

• strdst likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics