•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Bushnell Featherlight II

Binoculars
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bushmaster

Bushmaster

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 June 2021 - 07:14 PM

I am looking for an overview of the production run/serial numbers of the Bushnell Featherlight II binoculars so I can figure out when a certain pair was manufactured.

Can anyone help me?

#2 sneeds

sneeds

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Canada

Posted 16 June 2021 - 12:00 PM

If you haven't seen it already, there's a bit of a discussion on the Vintage bino thread (page 64, most recent as of today) on the Featherlight IIs.  Seems they were in production from 1964-67, and you may be able to dig up more info from the references listed there.

#3 semlin

semlin

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 16 June 2021 - 12:55 PM

i think they were in production sometime between 64 and 67, not necessarily all those years.

i am very interested in who made them if anyone has a pair and can share the marks.

there is no doubt a story as to why bushnell had very similar customs and featherlight ii models at the time.  i have wondered if it has to do with the transition from fpo to bol making the customs.

#4 sneeds

sneeds

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Canada

Posted 16 June 2021 - 01:52 PM

i think they were in production sometime between 64 and 67, not necessarily all those years.

i am very interested in who made them if anyone has a pair and can share the marks.

there is no doubt a story as to why bushnell had very similar customs and featherlight ii models at the time.  i have wondered if it has to do with the transition from fpo to bol making the customs.

I have a pair - we talked about them here:  Featherlights

• semlin likes this

#5 semlin

semlin

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 16 June 2021 - 02:35 PM

I have a pair - we talked about them here:  Featherlights

thanks, so j-b138 / j-e4. which seems to be the standard bol combination from that era.

very interesting.  

#6 Bushmaster

Bushmaster

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 June 2021 - 06:54 PM

Thank you.

I have not seen the other thread, so I will take a look at it!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Binoculars

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics