•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter 2021-06-10, 18:35 UT, C9.25

Celestron Imaging Planet
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Visit-the-Moon

Visit-the-Moon

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:01 PM

Last night we still had bad weather. The day before some trees were down from the winds. But at 4am it was clear. I went out for 50 min and the dew was becoming very heavy. Shortly afterwards a heavy fog formed. The seeing was not great, with Jupiter boiling away, but I managed to capture 2 x RGB runs. Here is one of them after processing. Not great but the first time I've seen the red spot this year.

C9.25

Attached Thumbnails

• 2021-06-10-1835_9-RGR-8_Jup_AS_P28_lapl5_ap31_Drizzle15_decon.jpg

• lukasik, MisterDan, Foc and 3 others like this

#2 Tulloch

Tulloch

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:48 PM

You went outside this morning? Seriously? lol.gif coldday.gif

Well, you deserve points for getting out there, pity the seeing wasn't up to scratch.

#3 Ittaku

Ittaku

Apollo

• -----

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:55 PM

You went outside this morning? Seriously? lol.gif coldday.gif

Well, you deserve points for getting out there, pity the seeing wasn't up to scratch.

You should know I was out there too, of course. Incoming flood of images shortly :)

• Tulloch likes this

#4 Visit-the-Moon

Visit-the-Moon

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 11 June 2021 - 12:18 AM

"You went outside this morning? Seriously?"

Yes, crazy right? I looked out the window and it was clear but some twinkling. So put on my warm gear went out. My telescopes are in an observatory so I just switch on the power and roll off the glass house (my telescopes live in a glass house with a chassis that runs on rails. It is up and running in 2-3 minutes. Similarly can shut up in that time too.

"You should know I was out there too, of course. Incoming flood of images shortly"

Good to know I'm not the only crazy one. As you know it can change so quickly here and it could have improved. It didn't. You could see that the fog was going to form by 4:50am, everything was covered in dew. My C9.25s rarely have dew problems as they have long dew shields and custom-made low wattage heaters bonded just behind the corrector plates. My corrector plate started to dew up, then the sky. I quickly packed up and back to bed by 5am.   

• Tulloch and Ittaku like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Celestron, Imaging, Planet

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics