•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Cannot reach focus with Newtonian F/5 150mm with filter wheel on Venus

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 astroflak88

astroflak88

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: SoCal

Posted 14 June 2021 - 04:25 PM

I looked at that website all I have to say is wow especially on the details of the clouds of Venus using the dobsonian you can't get that kind of detail of the clouds using a c14 due to the corrector plate is what I am reading from various forum posts.

Edited by astroflak88, 14 June 2021 - 05:17 PM.

#27 sixela

sixela

Hubble

• Loc: Boechout, Belgium

Posted 14 June 2021 - 05:11 PM

That's an IR plus UV composite -- nothing that you can get without separating the wavelengths and filtering aggressively in each band.

Of course getting good seeing in UV with a planet that doesn't rise high requires a tremendous amount of luck too!

• astroflak88 likes this

#28 astroflak88

astroflak88

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: SoCal

Posted 14 June 2021 - 06:40 PM

That's an IR plus UV composite -- nothing that you can get without separating the wavelengths and filtering aggressively in each band.

Of course getting good seeing in UV with a planet that doesn't rise high requires a tremendous amount of luck too!

That was a pretty good image of venus and he used a 10" dob to do that, imagine a 16" dob how better it would look? I dont see any photos on his site how he went about the filters and installing them.

#29 sixela

sixela

Hubble

• Loc: Boechout, Belgium

Posted 15 June 2021 - 02:47 AM

He uses a barlow (he’s got several ones) then filter wheel then sometimes ADC and then the sensor, IIRC.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics