•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Please recommend settings for ZWO EAF in Sharpcap

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 acrh2

acrh2

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 11 June 2021 - 12:35 AM

I have a refractor (Apertura 72 EDR) -  72mm F/4.8. ASI533MC Pro - FOV of 1.88 degrees.

I just received the EAF and need some good settings for it.
I measured the backlash roughly @ 25+-5steps by monitoring the movement of the fine focus knob, so I set it in ASCOM properties panel.

I set the gain to 550 and exposure to 3sec. Average 2 samples (/2 seconds, whatever that means.)
The problem is that 100 steps away from perfect focus in either direction, Sharpcap focus assistant can no longer detect any stars. So I have about 200 steps of total range where the graph makes sense.
1) Does this result make sense?
2) Are there any settings that I can use to increase the range where stars are detected?
3) Should I use goto best position or go to best score?
4) Overall, what's your best fast procedure to refocus a slightly out of focus EAF due to temperature change?
5) Please give any other useful settings in Sharpcap.

Thanks.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics