I have a refractor (Apertura 72 EDR) - 72mm F/4.8. ASI533MC Pro - FOV of 1.88 degrees.
I just received the EAF and need some good settings for it.
I measured the backlash roughly @ 25+-5steps by monitoring the movement of the fine focus knob, so I set it in ASCOM properties panel.
I set the gain to 550 and exposure to 3sec. Average 2 samples (/2 seconds, whatever that means.)
The problem is that 100 steps away from perfect focus in either direction, Sharpcap focus assistant can no longer detect any stars. So I have about 200 steps of total range where the graph makes sense.
1) Does this result make sense?
2) Are there any settings that I can use to increase the range where stars are detected?
3) Should I use goto best position or go to best score?
4) Overall, what's your best fast procedure to refocus a slightly out of focus EAF due to temperature change?
5) Please give any other useful settings in Sharpcap.