•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Nexdome Shutter revision

Observatory
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Simcal

Simcal

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Caledon, Ont.

Posted 11 June 2021 - 07:40 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have a Nexdome on order, and have been reading up on it's assembly etc.   I note that there is a revision in the shutter assembly instructions as of 2021. The shutter now has aluminum channel tracks.

Is it shipping?  Has anyone received a Nexdome this year with the new shutter configuration?   If so, how's it working out?

Nexdome Shutter 2021

• TMO likes this

#2 gundark

gundark

Viking 1

• Loc: Southern California

Posted 13 June 2021 - 11:11 AM

I am also very curious about this. I emailed Babak about the new shutter mechanism in January . He indicated that all new domes would be shipping with it and an upgrade kit would become available once he had sufficient supply. He said the price for an upgrade would probably be between $400-$500.
  • Simcal likes this

#3 gundark

gundark

Viking 1

• Loc: Southern California

Posted 15 June 2021 - 08:37 AM

For those interested in upgrading their NexDome shutter, Babak just told me they still have a “huge backlog” of orders but the shutter upgrade package should be available in the fall.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Observatory

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics