•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sky Safari 6 Pro error: “Could Not Export List Named …”

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 GaryJCarter

GaryJCarter

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Fairview, Texas

Posted 11 June 2021 - 09:49 AM

After creating a new observing list in SS6 Pro on my iPad to share with members of a beginner’s astronomy group I support I tried using the “Email Observing List” feature under the Actions and Setting menu using Sky Safari Pro to share the list and was presented with this message. This has worked flawlessly in the past. I see my new list in LiveSky and can send a link but I would like to export the actual list for non-LiveSky users. I see the list on my iPhone as well but encountered the same problem there. I tried exporting an older list and ran into the exact same problem. I just updated to iOS 14.6. Is this a new bug?

#2 lphilpot

lphilpot

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Central Lousiana, USA

Posted 11 June 2021 - 11:23 AM

That's never happened to me. I'm on Android, not sure about you. I recommend posting in the most appropriate forum on the support site:

https://support.simu...ommunity/topics

#3 GaryJCarter

GaryJCarter

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 11 June 2021 - 05:31 PM

That's never happened to me. I'm on Android, not sure about you. I recommend posting in the most appropriate forum on the support site:

https://support.simu...ommunity/topics

Len, Thanks….that was the first place I posted the issue. As I stated, I’m using iOS on iPad and iPhone. I have never experienced this issue before either. I tried exporting lists I created for the same group a month ago prior to the latest iOS update…they all fail too. It’s strange…and definitely a problem that I hope is fixed quickly. I tried shutting down and rebooting the iPad and iPhone…no easy fix here.

Edited by GaryJCarter, 11 June 2021 - 05:32 PM.

#4 donjulio

donjulio

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: West Linn, Oregon

Posted 12 June 2021 - 08:57 AM

I have also experienced this after upgrading my iOS to 14.6 on both my iPad and iPhone.

#5 GaryJCarter

GaryJCarter

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 12 June 2021 - 07:52 PM

I have also experienced this after upgrading my iOS to 14.6 on both my iPad and iPhone.

I suspected this was the case. Thanks for the confirmation!  Hopefully Simulation Curriculum will respond to the problem quickly. So far there is no response on the "Community Forum"

#6 StarryNightGuy

StarryNightGuy

Vendor - Simulation Curriculum Corp.

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Beaconsfield, Quebec

Posted 14 June 2021 - 09:48 AM

Hey all. Just wanted to let you know that we're on it. This is a problem with our newly updated "server" (since the export uses a server function.) It's actually just a coincidence that iOS 14.6 was released at the same time. You'll find that you get the same problem on Android.

We're working on a solution and it should be fixed in the next day or so. Sorry, and thanks for your patience.

#7 GaryJCarter

GaryJCarter

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 14 June 2021 - 09:38 PM

Thanks for jumping on this. I have confirmed your fix is deployed. “Email Observing List” functionality has been restored.

smile.gif

• btschumy and donjulio like this

#8 donjulio

donjulio

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: West Linn, Oregon

Posted 15 June 2021 - 09:12 AM

@StarryNightGuy, Thank you for fixing this and for identifying the problem so quickly.  @GaryJCarter, thank you for reporting this hiccup.  

#9 blakesphere

blakesphere

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Toronto, Ontario

Posted 17 June 2021 - 01:18 PM

I'm getting a long delay, frozen app for 60 seconds or so, and then an I/O error on Android, SS6+.

I just bought the app.

I made observing lists.

And now I CANNOT copy them!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics