•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Polemaster QHY adapter for Astrotrac..no instructions, any help?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rofus

rofus

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 11 June 2021 - 10:57 AM

Hi all

I just got the QHY astrotrac adapter (the red one) to use my polemaster on my Astrotrac...BUT, not instructions on the adapter, and I can't figure out how to actually assemble it on the AT arm?

Anyone has it and can share a pic?

It looks simple with the top plate with the three holes for the Polemaster to sit on top and through the arm hole, and then the bottom part of the adapter on the other side 'collecting' and locking it.

But the top plate inner side doesn't go through the astrotrac arm's hole....so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Any help much appreciated!

#2 rofus

rofus

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 11 June 2021 - 11:18 AM

Solved myself...there's a third plate, with a hole, and a photographic screw.

This other thin plate goes at the bottom, the photo screw (I needed a longer one) goes through it and blocks the big block on the other side (that has a screw in hole at the bottom).

I attach pic in case is useful for someone else (as I said in my case I needed a longer photo plate screw).

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0552.jpg

• bobzeq25 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics