•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Baader Mark V Binoviewer Repair- Harry Siebert

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 k5apl

k5apl

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Arkansas

Posted 11 June 2021 - 11:56 AM

My binoviewer was loaned to a friend and he accidently dropped it.  It was badly out of collimation and one of the eyepiece helical adjusters was damaged.  I was hesitant to send it overseas for repair, so I  tried a binocular repair center.  They did not have the equipment or the service info to repair it.  So I decided to sell it "as-is", and also sell the GlasPath Correctors, etc.   Then I noticed

on this CN forum that Harry Siebert worked on them.  We talked on the phone, he set a price for repair, and I shipped it to him.  He had some travel delay, but he quickly repaired it when he got back.  

Harry Siebert did a great collimation job for me.  The binoviewer works with no problems at over 228X; images merge, sharp, clear

and snap-focus.  He had to spend extra time to correct the damage, but said his original price quote was good.  We talked and I

paid him for his additional labor;  I am so happy to have it back working like it should.  I can enthusiastically endorse Harry for Baader

Mark V Binoviewer repair.

Wes

Baader MK-V, 2.6 GPC, UO 7mm Orthos,Baader BBHS Prism Diagonal, AP Stowaway 92

Edited by k5apl, 11 June 2021 - 12:03 PM.

• L. Regira, jim kuhns, aa5te and 4 others like this

#2 eyeoftexas

eyeoftexas

Apollo

Posted 11 June 2021 - 12:16 PM

+1 for Harry Siebert.  He quickly repaired my Denkmeier binoviewer (original version), and did a great job.

#3 Jeff B

Jeff B

Cosmos

Posted 12 June 2021 - 09:29 AM

This is very good to know as my Mark V was dropped a few years ago and I did an "ok" job of recollimating for low power use.  But not for high power use.

I will call him and thanks!

Jeff

• k5apl likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics