•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Good source of 2.1mm cables (USB also while we're at it)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PilotAstronomy

PilotAstronomy

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 12 June 2021 - 08:36 PM

Anyone got a good source of reliable 2.1mm cables for DC power (male to male). And while we're at it..anyone got a source for reliable USB cables?

Looking for a variety of lengths from quite short to several feet...and good in both cold and hot weather and bendable enough.

I was using powerpole connections but I've moved to a PPBA to "simplify" and be more portable.

Edited by PilotAstronomy, 12 June 2021 - 08:37 PM.

#2 Rick Kapela

Rick Kapela

Explorer 1

• Loc: Newnan, GA

Posted 13 June 2021 - 10:19 AM

Anyone got a good source of reliable 2.1mm cables for DC power (male to male). And while we're at it..anyone got a source for reliable USB cables?

Looking for a variety of lengths from quite short to several feet...and good in both cold and hot weather and bendable enough.

I was using powerpole connections but I've moved to a PPBA to "simplify" and be more portable.

Try digikey.com

• epdreher and t-ara-fan like this

#3 cytan299

cytan299

Apollo

Posted 14 June 2021 - 11:54 AM

If you don't mind soldering the other end of the pigtail, Jameco plugs, plugs + pigtails are good and cheaper than digikey.

https://www.jameco.c...WG_2229731.html

The advantage of soldering the plug to the other end is that you can make however short you want.

cytan

Edited by cytan299, 14 June 2021 - 11:55 AM.

#4 Fitz8710

Fitz8710

Ranger 4

• Loc: Wisconsin

Posted 14 June 2021 - 07:56 PM

I wont say its a great source but i buy my 2.1mm power cables from ebay. When they go bad (hardly ever do) i order more. USB source is still something im figuring out, much more finicky

Edited by Fitz8710, 14 June 2021 - 07:56 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics