•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

AR2833 and Proms June 13

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MikeKy

MikeKy

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Lexington, Ky

Posted 13 June 2021 - 02:55 PM

After seeing Warren's post this morning I decided to shoot through the persistent cirrus overcast just to see if I could capture something.

Here's the results using the SV80, Quark Chromo, and ASI174MM:

Animation:

get.jpg?insecure

Mono & Colorized:

Attached Thumbnails

• AR2833_Proms_PI.jpg
  • AR2833_Proms_PI_Color.jpg

• R Botero, rerun, rigel123 and 5 others like this

#2 MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Cosmos

• Loc: Florida

Posted 13 June 2021 - 02:59 PM

Neat captures Mike!

Very best,

#3 MikeKy

MikeKy

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Lexington, Ky

Posted 13 June 2021 - 03:14 PM

Thanks, Marty. Your videos on capture and processing and Warren's on animation have made the learning curve a bit less steep. Still a lot to learn, but thanks for providing the basics.

• mikela likes this

#4 rigel123

rigel123

ISS

• Loc: SW Ohio

Posted 13 June 2021 - 03:24 PM

Nice shots Mike and good use of that inverted disk for the animation!  I have another set to process that is about the exact FOV in your animation but I think the timeframe was a bit earlier than yours.

#5 PhotonJohn

PhotonJohn

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: Lake Ahern Observatory Viera Florida

Posted 13 June 2021 - 05:04 PM

Great animation and images Mike.

#6 chemman

chemman

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Colorado

Posted 13 June 2021 - 06:10 PM

Those are very nice Mike.  

Totally agree with you on Marty's and Warren's videos.  I would have never figured out how to do it without their help. 

BTW, I added a step to Warren's animation procedures.  Once you get the finished images from IMPPG I drop them all into Photoshop, they all open as individual images.  Using the last one that opens I go up to Window the click on Actions.  Click the little + at the bottom of the Actions window and name your new action sequence.  Then I will change Image Mode to RGB, then Image Adjustments Curves and tweek the view to make it look better.  Then Image Adjustments Levels maybe change the sliders but for sure change the colors there to get what I like.  When I am happy I will then File  Close and overwrite the old image.  Photoshop will drop to the next image. From there go back to the Action window and scroll back up and click on the name you gave all the actions you just performed, hit the play button, PS will again drop to the next image preforming all those actions including save and close, just hit the play button for each image until they are all adjusted and colorized.  Then pick up with Warren's File-Scripts-Load Files into Stack.  Similar to using Droplets but for me more versatile.  

Chuck

• rigel123 and fiston like this

#7 astro rocketeer

astro rocketeer

Viking 1

• Loc: Valencia, CA (Los Angeles)

Posted 13 June 2021 - 06:54 PM

Excellent Mike! Nice animations and captures!!

Michael

#8 fiston

fiston

Vostok 1

Posted 13 June 2021 - 06:57 PM

Excellent captures, AR2824 is back!

#9 hopskipson

hopskipson

Gemini

• Loc: Queens, New Yawk, Light pollution Headquarters!

Posted 13 June 2021 - 07:32 PM

Nice animation, Mike!  That floating prom looks like an alien spacecraft shooting missiles at the sun.borg.gif

#10 rigel123

rigel123

ISS

• Loc: SW Ohio

Posted 13 June 2021 - 07:34 PM

Those are very nice Mike.  

Totally agree with you on Marty's and Warren's videos.  I would have never figured out how to do it without their help. 

BTW, I added a step to Warren's animation procedures.  Once you get the finished images from IMPPG I drop them all into Photoshop, they all open as individual images.  Using the last one that opens I go up to Window the click on Actions.  Click the little + at the bottom of the Actions window and name your new action sequence.  Then I will change Image Mode to RGB, then Image Adjustments Curves and tweek the view to make it look better.  Then Image Adjustments Levels maybe change the sliders but for sure change the colors there to get what I like.  When I am happy I will then File  Close and overwrite the old image.  Photoshop will drop to the next image. From there go back to the Action window and scroll back up and click on the name you gave all the actions you just performed, hit the play button, PS will again drop to the next image preforming all those actions including save and close, just hit the play button for each image until they are all adjusted and colorized.  Then pick up with Warren's File-Scripts-Load Files into Stack.  Similar to using Droplets but for me more versatile.  

Chuck

You can actually just open one of your ImPPG files and build your Action and then you can go to File/Automate/Batch and select that Action, then under Folder select the folder all of your ImPPG images are in, then choose a folder for the adjusted images to be saved in and then click OK.  It will do all of the files without having to do each file one at a time.

• R Botero and fiston like this

#11 R Botero

R Botero

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: Kent, England

Posted 14 June 2021 - 04:04 AM

Excellent detail Mike cool.gif bow.gif

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics