•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

EQ6 R pro GOTO after PA errors

Mount
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BigBobD

BigBobD

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 June 2021 - 05:11 PM

Perhaps I can get some help with an issue.

I am using a ASIAir Pro with my EQ6-Pro and for some stupid reason, after I successfully get a PA, I put in the coordinates of the object I want to observe, but the mount points in the wrong direction.  It appears to be exactly 180 degrees opposite, meaning if I wanted the get M31 in the North East, the Mount points, instead toward the NW.

Any ideas?  Sky Safari does exactly the same thing

Thanks in advance

#2 Brainebula

Brainebula

Messenger

• -----

Posted 13 June 2021 - 05:18 PM

Perhaps I can get some help with an issue.

I am using a ASIAir Pro with my EQ6-Pro and for some stupid reason, after I successfully get a PA, I put in the coordinates of the object I want to observe, but the mount points in the wrong direction.  It appears to be exactly 180 degrees opposite, meaning if I wanted the get M31 in the North East, the Mount points, instead toward the NW.

Any ideas?  Sky Safari does exactly the same thing

Thanks in advance

Make sure you use the correct sign for your GMT timezone. 

"-" = "W" of 0 GMT

"+" = "E" of 0 GMT

Edited by Brainebula, 13 June 2021 - 05:23 PM.

#3 BigBobD

BigBobD

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 June 2021 - 05:36 PM

Sorry, Plate solves seems to have fixed the issue.

#4 Getasap

Getasap

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Summerfield, FL

Posted 28 June 2021 - 06:18 PM

I wish my problem was that easy to solve.  My EQ6-R Pro and ASI AIR Pro don't seem to want to agree on RA.  My hand controller gives the correct DEC and RA but the AsiAir is usually off by 6 to 10 hours in RA.  When I sync to mount the EQ6-R Pro gets all squirrel up loses alignment and any go to commands from the MCP on the Asi AIR are a way way off.  Does anyone have a start sequence that works for them.I do not have the USB 3 conection on my mount.  It is serial connected and I'm using SynScan at 9600 BAUD.

Edited by Getasap, 28 June 2021 - 06:31 PM.

#5 xEOIx

xEOIx

Explorer 1

Posted 11 July 2021 - 12:26 PM

I wish my problem was that easy to solve.  My EQ6-R Pro and ASI AIR Pro don't seem to want to agree on RA.  My hand controller gives the correct DEC and RA but the AsiAir is usually off by 6 to 10 hours in RA.  When I sync to mount the EQ6-R Pro gets all squirrel up loses alignment and any go to commands from the MCP on the Asi AIR are a way way off.  Does anyone have a start sequence that works for them.I do not have the USB 3 conection on my mount.  It is serial connected and I'm using SynScan at 9600 BAUD.

have you tried changing the baud rate to something higher? The mount does not take USB3.0 anyway, only USB2.0. Also, sorry if the question seems simple, but what is the behavior of the mount when you park it? Does it come to the correct orientation? I've seen sometimes where the parked position is off, so you need to unlock the axis and move them into the correct position. 

#6 Applal

Applal

Messenger

• Loc: Larsen, WI

Posted 11 July 2021 - 05:47 PM

If you have an AIR and virtually any Synta mount, you can get better results by leaving the hand controller out of the set up.

you may need an EQDir cable from Shoestring Astronomy….

then, and here is where you change what you do, once you have the AIR powered on and connected/recognizing the connection to the mount… at this moment and only at this moment press the Sync to mount in the AIR app.

Proceed with PA routine if you need to. DO NOT Sync to mount. Do not return to home.

just goto your first target, let it platesolve, and that’s it. Every platesolve is, for all intents and purposes, the Sync. 
No Sync to mount except at power on.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mount

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics