•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

One daytime infrared

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GSBass

GSBass

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: South Carolina

Posted 13 June 2021 - 08:33 PM

I did take one daytime infrared of the crescent moon today with 642 ir but spent most of my time on Venus because seeing was not good, had to use less frames and more wavlets than normal to get a savable image…. So not great but still fun and actually better than I expected given how much it was jumping around during capture, I did not shade my scope properly so most of the trouble might have been tube currents

Attached Thumbnails

• 64B07A61-A8D5-402E-9D52-509A34E78E25.png

• Kenny V., John_Moore, james7ca and 7 others like this

#2 YeloSub

YeloSub

Sputnik

Posted 14 June 2021 - 09:25 AM

That's a great shot!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
  • GSBass likes this

#3 james7ca

james7ca

Cosmos

• Loc: San Diego, CA

Posted 16 June 2021 - 04:17 AM

That's very good contrast for a daytime shot, even more so since a 642nm filter isn't really that close to the near IR (more like deep red than IR).

#4 GSBass

GSBass

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: South Carolina

Posted 16 June 2021 - 11:50 AM

I’ve had very good luck with the 642, it consistently our performs the 850 as far as detail, as far as contrast you just have to be extra careful not to over expose to give you more control on adjustments in post processing

That's very good contrast for a daytime shot, even more so since a 642nm filter isn't really that close to the near IR (more like deep red than IR).

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics