•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade lx85 mount. (Again)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dladams76

Dladams76

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 June 2021 - 09:18 PM

Hello. I too want to try my hand at imaging dso's..I have been using a meade etxls8 for a while now and taking some images with my dslr and a svbony sv305. I've got some pics of the whirlpool galaxy  and lagoon nebula and solar system that are ok for me. I'm not wanting to take perfect images. I would however like a little longer exposure times. Does anyone know what I can expect if I do my part with alignment as far as exposure times with a small refractor or my dslr. If you know on any of the other similarly priced mounts that info would be useful also..I don't want to immediately start guiding and as long as its better than my alt-az setup now ill be tickled..I plan on buying something within the next week or two. I personally like the meade products I have now..I am aware of the issues with bankruptcy and customer service.If any of the other mounts are way better then I would go that route. Thanks in advance.  Daniel 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics