•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Another PHD2 vs Metaguide thread...

Software
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ayaan Hashim

Ayaan Hashim

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Possibly Bortle 8-9, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

Posted 13 June 2021 - 10:36 PM

Hello all,

PHD2 vs Metaguide...I think Metaguide may be a bit more advanced but complex..and Phd2 is simpler...so if you want to get the maximum performance out of your mount...which is the better option?

Thanks for replying,

clear skies,

Ayaan

#2 bobzeq25

bobzeq25

ISS

Posted 13 June 2021 - 11:18 PM

People differ.  It's somewhat a matter of personal choice.  Both, operated well, can work well.

The big difference is that _many_ more people use PhD2.  So, if you need assistance, it's a lot easier to get.

• michael8554 likes this

#3 mikefulb

mikefulb

Surveyor 1

Posted 14 June 2021 - 12:23 PM

I would be surprised if either eeked out enough performance over the other (given seeing is usually the overriding limiting factor when guiding) that I don't know I'd worry too much about that compared to other decision points to differentiate like ease of use, compatibility with your capture software, availability of community support, etc.  I would expect either would be a satisfactory solution.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Software

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics