•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

My Apennine print came

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GSBass

GSBass

Vanguard

• topic starter
  • Loc: South Carolina

Posted 16 June 2021 - 11:09 AM

Arrived today, pretty happy, details of Hadley rille printed well, had it mounted on 1/2” gatorboard, was approx 30 shipped from nations, 8x16 so had to crop an inch

Attached Thumbnails

• B52AE67F-B85A-405E-AC28-B4D84E320EAA.jpeg

• Dave Mitsky, D_talley, Kenny V. and 10 others like this

#2 B 26354

B 26354

Vanguard

• Loc: Southern California semi-desert (NELM mag 5.3)

Posted 16 June 2021 - 11:57 AM

I assume your somewhat cryptic post has to do with how pleased you are with a photographic print of a portion of the lunar Apennine mountains, that you had done by a printing service.

For those of us who have this sort of thing done from time to time, it could be helpful if you would include a name (or a link) for that printing service.   grin.gif

• Mike G. likes this

#3 GSBass

GSBass

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 16 June 2021 - 12:12 PM

Hi, I did, 8x16 from nations photo mounted on 1/2” gator board, 30 shipped, it is about as close as you can get to the 16x9 format many of our astrocams have and it’s nice they offer mounting, you just have to crop an inch, it’s my second print from them and have been pleased both times. I took this photo May 20th and was happy with detail so I decided I wanted to hang it

I assume your somewhat cryptic post has to do with how pleased you are with a photographic print of a portion of the lunar Apennine mountains, that you had done by a printing service.

For those of us who have this sort of thing done from time to time, it could be helpful if you would include a name (or a link) for that printing service.   grin.gif

Edited by GSBass, 16 June 2021 - 12:14 PM.

#4 dcaponeii

dcaponeii

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Waxahachie, TX

Posted 16 June 2021 - 12:15 PM

Hi, I did, 8x16 from nations photo mounted on 1/2” gator board, 30 shipped, it is about as close as you can get to the 16x9 format many of our astrocams have and it’s nice they offer mounting, you just have to crop an inch, it’s my second print from them and have been pleased both times. I took this photo May 20th and was pleased with detail so I decided I wanted to hang it

I thought the same thing but then noticed the "nations photo".  However, in defense of the poster's comment it would have been clearer to the reader if you had typed "Nation's Photo" or "Nations Photo" depending on which is actually correct since I've not heard of that company before.

• GSBass likes this

#5 GSBass

GSBass

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 16 June 2021 - 12:17 PM

Btw the prints are pretty cheap , only 7 or so, it’s if you order mounting that it gets a little pricy but gatorboard is nice and they do a good job… worth it if it’s something your going to hang up for a while

• dcaponeii likes this

#6 GSBass

GSBass

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 17 June 2021 - 08:04 AM

Pano of my  Astro  Corner  🚀,  the  matted  stuff  is  just  low  quality  laser  prints,  just  meant  to  be  temporary,  replaced  as  i  take  something  better,  Trying  to  keep  it  to  a  mininum  but  like  having  a  little  area  to  put  them

Attached Thumbnails

• 747DE65A-4A5A-4C93-B9A7-4F0EB7F2FB78.jpeg

• John_Moore, j.gardavsky and LukaszLu like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics