•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Rho Oph

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dynan

Dynan

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: NOLA

Posted 18 June 2021 - 12:17 PM

I got the hankering to do some wide field since Rho Ophiuchus region is in sight from my pier site. It seems to be a deservedly hot target of late...(since I got back and processed it, three more have been posted smile.png)

I used a Tamron 572D (70-300mm, f/4.0-5.6) lens I picked up at a pawn shop for $50. I purchased an adapter to connect to an ASI183MC-Pro. All guided on top of my ES127 by a CEM60. I shot at ≈100mm and ≈f/4.5, (I think...I'm just learning the math of camera lenses). I miss my Moonlite focuser, so the focus may be a bit off since I only used an itty-bitty 62mm Bhatinov mask at the start of the sequence.

I went too long on the exposures, especially with Antares in the frame, as you can see by the blown out stars. I wasn't able to use my Astronomik L-3 UV/IR filter, but have since added a filter drawer for next go-round.

1.5 Hours (18 x 300 seconds...I told you I was overexposed mellow.png)

Captured with SGP

Calibrated in APP

Processed in Star Tools

2016_0616_RHO_OPH_TAM_ST_3_S.jpg

Here's my first attempt with a Canon T5 (1200D) DSLR: https://www.cloudyni...eld/?p=11152891

Edited by Dynan, 18 June 2021 - 02:38 PM.

• chrysalis, SeymoreStars, Deesk06 and 4 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics