•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sky Observing - mirrors and telescopes for sale

Reflector Optics Dob
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 astrozoran

astrozoran

Sky Observing - Mirrors and Telescopes

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 18 June 2021 - 12:53 PM

Hello Cloudy Nights members,

My name is Zoran. I am mirror and telescope maker from Canada. For the past five years I have registered sole proprietorship for ''make and sell telescopes'' and been selling mirrors and telescopes. My goal is to provide quality telescopes and excellent service to the customes, and up to now I have been successful. My other also very important goal since I started was to offer affordable prices. I realized that price is big obstacle for most of the amateur astronomers to posses expensive observing equipment. Using materials which can be found in local stores and keeping the design and look of the telescope simple helped this goal also to be achieved. Other two things which I pay special attention are weight and size of my telescopes. Telescopes are designed to be pretty light so can be handled easily, and also the  size of the mirror box and rocker box are minimized, in order the telescope to fit in as small vehicle as possible in order to be transported to the observing sites.

I make the mirrors on a machine which I built. I know that is homemade machine, but it cost me several thousand dollars to build it. The last improvement was new flat hard plasic turntable placed on big flat pulley, and only these two parts cost me thousand dollars extra. So I think you can understand that this is not a couple hundreed dollars machine. Also for my mirror tester I have three expensive ThorLabs stages each with Mitutoyo micrometer which give precise micrometric movement of the tester in XYZ direction. For fine grinding, polishing and figuring the mirrors I use materials from Universal Photonics.  When quality of the mirrors is in question I do not regret to spend money.

I still do not have CNC machine for cutting the wooden and metal parts, and some maybe will find the look of my telescopes not appealing to buy, but that is reflected in the price. So maybe this is a chance for you, your lifetime dream one day to have observing instrument of this size is now completely possible.

These are current products that I am offering to the customers:

20 inch F/4.5 complete telescope starting at 6,000 USD

25 inch F/4.1 complete telescope starting at 9,000 USD

30 inch F/4 complete telescope starting at 22,500 USD

The telescopes are classic design, that means they have wooden mirror box, rocker box and base.

Also mirrors and structures are availible to buy separately.

Contrary to others, your satisfaction is 100 % guaranteed. Not satisfied - no problem, return the telescope back. You get warranty on every part of the telescope, even those which I buy from other suppliers. I am taking responsibility if their parts fail to perform as expected.

Will post pictures and add updates soon.

Also I am currently working on my website.

I wish you wonderful observing nights

Zoran, text or call 647-575-2824

Edited by astrozoran, 18 June 2021 - 02:08 PM.

• Bill Jensen and wrnchhead like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Reflector, Optics, Dob

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics