Guys, i need your help. I made another try to an old photo of the Veil Complex. Well, not that old, its from last summer.
The problem is that im getting strange artifacts on the image, as you can see if you zoom on it.
I wonder what is causing this.
My workflow in Pixinsight is basically this: STF, Dynamic Crop ,SCNR, EZ script for Denoise, EZ script soft strech, Starnet, RGB channels splitting, Curves and LocalHistogramTransformation or UnsharpMask on each channel,and Channel Combination.
After this, i deal with the color, usually with Color Saturation feature, or with Photoshop, which, to be honest, as a better color control tools.
For the stars, after Starnet, i use the starmask created by the starnet, and apply the Deconvolution feature to decrease and sharp the stars and the Morphological Transformation tool, if it is a area with a lot of stars, like in this case. I also use the color saturation, to remove color from the stars and leave them with a more neutral look.
Finally, i combine the two images, by using the Pixelmath feature. Of course, during the processing, i used several masks to protect the areas that i didnt wanted affected.
And...i have this strange artifact.
The equipment used was the venerable Takahashi FSQ 106 ED, the modified NikonD5300 with the L-Enhance filter and the RST 135 mount.
Guided with PHD2, acquired by BackyardNikon and processed in Pixinsight and Photoshop for color control.
20X300" lights, Iso 400, and a set of 20 darks, 20 bias and 20 flats for calibration.
Edited by Emanuel, 18 June 2021 - 01:56 PM.