•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Downloading Observing Files from Sky Safari Pro

Observing Observing Report Planetarium
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kas20amc02

kas20amc02

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Arkansas

Posted 19 June 2021 - 06:40 PM

Hello everyone.  I have used Sky Safari Pro for some time and after every set of observations, I download the list into Excel with a CSV.  This way I can save it separately and archive it forever.

This has always worked well.  However, in the last few weeks, when I download the file, the only thing I get is a single entry in cell A1 that says, "undefined."  It is the same computer and same version of Excel I have always used.  None of the equipment has changed.  

Has this happened to anyone else?  Any advice?  Thanks!

~Karl

#2 Jon Isaacs

Jon Isaacs

ISS

• Loc: San Diego and Boulevard, CA

Posted 19 June 2021 - 08:27 PM

Karl:

I can't really help you with your downloading issue.

But I will say that hooking up to Live Sky was a very good thing.  My devices are sync'd backed up on each and in the cloud.   

Jon

#3 btschumy

btschumy

Vendor - Our Galaxy

• Vendors
  • Loc: Longmont, CO, USA

Posted 19 June 2021 - 09:15 PM

Last week SimCur had an issue with exporting observing lists.  I think they have fixed that but it is possible they didn’t test exporting as a CSV file.

I will let them know about this thread a they can investigate.

#4 kas20amc02

kas20amc02

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Arkansas

Posted 20 June 2021 - 09:04 AM

Attached is a screenshot of my various downloaded log files.  I went back to the older ones, and they still open and work.  The logs from June do NOT work.  Not sure if this helps or not.  

Attached Files

Edited by kas20amc02, 20 June 2021 - 09:05 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Observing, Observing Report, Planetarium

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics