•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ASI2600MC PRO, D60 IR CUT FILTER Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shark-bait

shark-bait

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: New Port Richey, FL USA

Posted 21 June 2021 - 03:32 PM

Just curious...

Is it redundant to utilize a filter such as the L-Pro or IDAS LPS filter with the ASI2600MC PRO because of the factory D60 IR CUT filter that comes permanently installed on the camera?  I know the L-Pro and LPS filters isolate multiple band passes that are conducive to imaging in light polluted skies but wondering if two filters pose an issue.  Surely ZWO expects owners to utilize additional filters and this isn't the case.

Also,

While imaging with a RASA 11 V2 at f/2 and the ASI2600, is it possible or recommended to shoot broadband targets without any additional filters in a Bortle 5 sky?  

Thanks,

Chance

#2 calypsob

calypsob

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Virginia

Posted 21 June 2021 - 03:41 PM

Just curious...

Is it redundant to utilize a filter such as the L-Pro or IDAS LPS filter with the ASI2600MC PRO because of the factory D60 IR CUT filter that comes permanently installed on the camera? I know the L-Pro and LPS filters isolate multiple band passes that are conducive to imaging in light polluted skies but wondering if two filters pose an issue. Surely ZWO expects owners to utilize additional filters and this isn't the case.

Also,
While imaging with a RASA 11 V2 at f/2 and the ASI2600, is it possible or recommended to shoot broadband targets without any additional filters in a Bortle 5 sky?

Thanks,

Chance

My house is a bortle 4/5 more of a 5 though. The horizons around me are awash in gradients so I stick to zenith. A nb filter for emission nebula is helpful but LP filters imo are a waste of money. Let the data accumulate broadband and let dbe cleanup the residual gradients

#3 Jim Waters

Jim Waters

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA

Posted 21 June 2021 - 03:49 PM

"Is it redundant to utilize a filter such as the L-Pro or IDAS LPS filter with the ASI2600MC Pro"    NO

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics