•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Moon Mosaic 6-18-21

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dcaponeii

dcaponeii

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Waxahachie, TX

Posted 21 June 2021 - 04:47 PM

You saw the first panel of this mosaic the other day.  I found time this afternoon to build the rest of the Mosaic.  Each of the 9 images is a 15% stack from 12000 frames.  The Mosaic was assemble manually in Paintshop Pro 2021 using curves to match the contrast and brightness across the edges.  When needed a circle eraser about 350 pixels wide was used at 40% density to average out any slight mismatch after the curves.

Moon Mosaic 6-18-21.jpg

• Kenny V., John_Moore, Katharine and 6 others like this

#2 Tim J Fowler

Tim J Fowler

Mariner 2

• Loc: Seneca, South Carolina

Posted 23 June 2021 - 05:59 AM

Nice image! Have you tried Microsoft ICE to stitch the mosaic?

#3 dcaponeii

dcaponeii

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Waxahachie, TX

Posted 23 June 2021 - 08:09 AM

Nice image! Have you tried Microsoft ICE to stitch the mosaic?

No I have not.  Heard of it before but haven't thought to try it.  I'll look for the app and see what it can do.

#4 Tim J Fowler

Tim J Fowler

Mariner 2

• Loc: Seneca, South Carolina

Posted 24 June 2021 - 04:04 AM

No I have not.  Heard of it before but haven't thought to try it.  I'll look for the app and see what it can do.

It makes mosaics as easy as loading your photos and letting it build the mosaic. Sometimes there are artifacts, but it works very well.

You can't DL it from MS anymore, but you can still find the installer. I think this link will work.

https://download.cne...4-75207152.html

• Lacaille likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics