•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Parallax rings, dovetail, and 4 in refractor...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 trist007

trist007

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 22 June 2021 - 12:15 PM

I had a TOA-130 with some Parallax rings that screwed into a losmandy dovetail plate.  I then could slide in the dovetail into the saddle.  The only thing I did not like is that the screws that went from the rings to the dovetail plate would get in the way of the dovetail plate sliding back off the saddle.  I like keeping the refractor in the rings and losmandy plate.  It would be nice to just slide off the losmandy plate with the refractor still in the rings.  However, to slide it off I have to remove the screws from one of the rings into the losmandy plate.  Is there a better setup that you guys have found with rings and a losmandy plate?  I mean sure I can just take the refractor out of the rings but I like the added protection of the rings and losmandy plate.

-Tristan

Edited by trist007, 22 June 2021 - 12:17 PM.

#2 Couder

Couder

Apollo

• Loc: Mansfield, Missouri in the Ozarks

Posted 22 June 2021 - 12:36 PM

without a picture I'm not sure what you're saying. It sounds like you're saying the screws are too long. Can't you just cut them, or get shorter ones? Or am I misunderstanding?

#3 Nippon

Nippon

Skylab

• Loc: Central Florida

Posted 22 June 2021 - 01:03 PM

Older Losmandy mount saddles were slide in but most all saddles I know of these days are tip in. It sounds like the Losmandy plate in this case does not have countersunk holes for the bolt that attach the rings. But as another said a photograph would help a lot to see what the OP's issue actually is.

#4 trist007

trist007

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 22 June 2021 - 02:22 PM

Yea I guess my screws are too long hehe.  Ok thanks.

-Tristan

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics