•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Flattener only for Williams Optics GT71

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JSantacroce

JSantacroce

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 22 June 2021 - 12:27 PM

I currently have the Flat 6Aiii .8 reducer\flattener but not long ago I saw a post (somewhere) for a Flattener only that would work with the WO GT71. If recall correctly is was $175.  I've not been able to find that thread again and not sure if it was here so does anyone know where one might be available? They are M63\M48 thread sizes and this one was specific to the GT71.

Thanks much! 

#2 JSantacroce

JSantacroce

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 22 June 2021 - 01:24 PM

Update: I found the Answer to my question after poking around for a while. Someone else with a GT71 commented on using this successfully with the GT71 so I am going to try it. My 420mm FV GT71 is knocked down to 336mm with the .8 reducer. That's fine for some targets but for Galaxies far far away I need a little bump until I can manage another rig ;). I was going to delete this but perhaps someone else can use the info. 

HOTECH SCA Field Flattener:  http://www.hotechusa...sults.asp?Cat=4

#3 XTATDSM

XTATDSM

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 31 July 2021 - 09:42 PM

I have tried this exact flattener with GT71 with back focus from 55mm to 70mm and could never get decent stars. Well, I am not getting decent stars with 6AIII flattener either.

Good luck

#4 JSantacroce

JSantacroce

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 02 August 2021 - 07:07 AM

I have tried this exact flattener with GT71 with back focus from 55mm to 70mm and could never get decent stars. Well, I am not getting decent stars with 6AIII flattener either.

Good luck

WIth the 6Aiii I have mine (Also GT71) set at 9.1mm. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics