•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

TheSkyX doesn't see focuser

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tjensen

tjensen

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Chapel Hill, NC

Posted 24 June 2021 - 07:03 AM

Hey

I'm trying to get TSX to control my Starizona MicroTouch focuser. I have loaded the X2 and focuser drivers and can control the focuser through the hand controller and via the MicroTouch focus software. I can see the focuser in the Win 10 USB device list, but it doesn't show in TSX. TSX shows MicroTouch and Starizona MicroTouch in the list of devices, and I can select the former, but not the later (I get a missing driver error for it). I only see the USB000 in the serial port list.

Running latest build of TSX and v1.3 of focus software and v4.5 for controller (according to the focus software). I've put the .dll and other files into TSX focuser folder as instructed.

Anyone have any idea as to what I've done wrong... or failed to do?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Tim

#2 Dan Crowson

Dan Crowson

Gemini

• Moderators
  • Loc: Dardenne Prairie, MO

Posted 24 June 2021 - 09:03 PM

Tim,

which version of TSX? If 64bit, are you using a 64bit X2 (if one is available) or just use the 32bit TSX and X2?

Dan

#3 tjensen

tjensen

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Chapel Hill, NC

Posted 25 June 2021 - 06:53 AM

Hi Dan

You may have hit the nail on the head there... I'm using TSX 32 bit and the MicroTouch is 64 bit. I tried to install the 32 bit driver for it but of course it wouldn't work. I just downloaded the daily build for TSX and it loaded the 64 bit version. It will take me some time to upgrade everything to see if I can make that work.

I still don't understand how others got it to work? Unless they were running 32 bit machines of course.

I don't know if there are 64 bit X2 files... I hope so.

Cheers

Tim

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics