•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Difference between normal and First light versions of Explore scientific scopes...

Refractor
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kamran365

Kamran365

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 June 2021 - 09:00 AM

Hi..!

Can anyone help me with the Difference between normal and  First light versions of Explore scientific scopes...?

I can see 2 versions of EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC AR102 Air-Spaced Doublet Refractor one normal and other says FIRTLIGHT VERSION.

There is a mamoth difference between the two...

I just want to know the difference between OTA of the two... There is a therad here in which people have talked and compared the stock mounts that come along with these two...

My question is if i have the mount and only WANT TO COMPARE THE OPTICS OF THE TWO OTA.

IS IT WORTH TO GO FOR NORAMAL AR ? rather than firstlight version ?

considering the price is more than DOUBLE !!!!!

• teashea likes this

#2 ThusSpokeZarathustra

ThusSpokeZarathustra

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 24 June 2021 - 09:14 AM

The first light version has a focal length of 1000mm while the regular AR 102 has a focal length of 663mm.

#3 Gipht

Gipht

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Prescott Valley, AZ.

Posted 24 June 2021 - 09:45 AM

You might also want to consider the AR127, if your pocket book allows. The extra aperture is helpful for the dimmer objects. 

#4 Agatha

Agatha

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Wisconsin

Posted 26 June 2021 - 10:16 AM

Take a look at this thread...Link   A review by a very experienced member.  

The First Light series is a budget package that does cut corners to keep the price low.  One of the most disappointing pieces is the focuser.  It is plastic.  

It is a very pretty package but lacks more refined features.  His review is very fun to read.  

Good luck and have fun.  Oh, and welcome to Cloudy Nights.  

• BFaucett likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Refractor

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics