•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Heq5 pro issue

Astrophotography Beginner Mount
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cespar

Cespar

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 June 2021 - 03:18 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum, and just today finally received my HEQ5 pro mount. The problem is that the declination clutch had been sheared off in transit. Enough of thr thread of the bolt was still visible that it could be removed, but I clearly need to replace it in order to be able to lock off the declination correctly.

I've reached out to the vendor and hope they can mail me a replacement bolt, but otherwise does anyone know where I can purchase/find this bolt?

#2 photoracer18

photoracer18

Skylab

• Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Posted 24 June 2021 - 04:05 PM

Its a metric bolt I am 99% sure. What about the handle on the top of it? If it was me I would swap the one from the CW shaft lock, assuming the same thread, and then get a bolt for the CW shaft lock while waiting for the dealer to send you one.

#3 JSantacroce

JSantacroce

Sputnik

Posted 24 June 2021 - 04:18 PM

I recently had an issue with a SW Star Adventurer 2i that was three months old (The main board fried and it would not power up). I sent an email to "support@skywatcherusa.com" and they responded within a few hours. They asked a couple questions then same day sent me out a replacement board (and offered to have me send them the unit to swap but I told them I could do it) and within a couple days it arrived on their dime. Might be worth a shot to send them a note. It will respond with a link to the Celestron Help Desk\Ticket which I logged in to and was able to track progress. 

Good luck

#4 Cespar

Cespar

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 June 2021 - 05:02 PM

The cw bolt is smaller - I had that idea too hehe..

I've read somewhere similar that it's an M12-1.75 bolt so will try and find something tomorrow, but I'm really hoping the vendor will ship me a replacement bolt (repackaging and returning the entire unit is a last resort I hope, as it was shipped from another country)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography, Beginner, Mount

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics