•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

opinion about HSG palette

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Morgar

Morgar

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 June 2021 - 03:34 PM

I am starting with the narrow band and I made a mistake when selecting the filters, instead of OIII I used green

I thought it would be a disaster, then I saw that there was a combination that looked good. R = HA, G = SII, and B = Green

nebulas.jpg

I intend to improve it in future attempts. The fact is that I like this gray background instead of the usual brown, it seems that nebulae stand out better.

I am thinking of trying other combinations like HOB.

What is your opinion on this "rare" palettes? How do you see the image? Should I continue on this path? I don't even know if it is advisable to use narrow band for wide fields.

#2 joeytroy

joeytroy

Viking 1

• Loc: Belen, NM, USA

Posted 25 June 2021 - 12:18 AM

I think different combinations are fun. Is there a wrong way to do it? I mean really if you are enjoying the hobby then who cares?

https://youtu.be/o4Rl3heOIro

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics