•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Siril... cutting off my images?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 T~Stew

T~Stew

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: central Ohio

Posted 25 June 2021 - 12:10 AM

So I did a preliminary process of IC1396. Afterwards I downloaded 1 more nights data. Of course with manual adjustments just using a tracker all my images were not exactly framed. A chunk of them cut off one end. I planned to make two stacks, using all to crop in on the "Elephants trunk" but deselect those that cropped the end of nebula off for a full frame view. However even after I deselected all the miss-framed ones, Siril seems to still limit the FOV to those poorly framed ones, not showing the full images??? How do I get it to show and stack the edges of these images? i really don't want to start over and figure out which RAW's they are and re do the whole process after all have been PP, registered, etc but I will if there is no other solution of course. I just don't understand why it auto crops just one edge but shows all the other edges even if they don't line up???

ZK7PKDHh.jpg

The bottom edge on that image should have more image showing...

#2 michael8554

michael8554

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Wiltshire UK

Posted 25 June 2021 - 03:26 AM

Most Stacking software will base the framing on the image selected to be the Reference Frame.

#3 T~Stew

T~Stew

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 June 2021 - 10:20 AM

Most Stacking software will base the framing on the image selected to be the Reference Frame.

Yes I figured the crop would be based on reference frame, but unless mine has a bug selecting different reference frames did not effect this 'automatic crop'.

Edited by T~Stew, 25 June 2021 - 10:20 AM.

#4 T~Stew

T~Stew

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 June 2021 - 12:50 PM

Some more info... I wanted to change something so started over from my original light sequence. Once registered, many images are cropped off, including the automatically selected reference frame.

It seems it bases the framing off frame 1, then anything outside this is cropped. 

Is this correct behavior from Siril? Everyone else have this same experience? I'm running the 0.99-.8-.1 ver

#5 lock042

lock042

Siril astronomical image processing software

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 25 June 2021 - 02:08 PM

Please, first update the version to the 0.99.10.1.

Then make sure the image is not zoomed.

• T~Stew likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics