•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Best imager around $200?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 XionUAV

XionUAV

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 June 2021 - 08:57 PM

Recently purchased a used Meade 8" Dobsonian I plan to use for planetary imagery. While I have a high-quality DSLR I've found that the movement of the mirror can blur the image. My mirrorless FZ80 is a great camera but doesn't have a removable lens. At a max 1200mm optical it pretty much does it all.

If there's a better category to ask this question then just let me know, politely. I'm not one of those people who has unlimited funds to spend on equipment so I'm looking for a "good enough" imager around or under $200. This Celestron 5mp version from B&H has good reviews but I've seen other versions spec'd at 1.2mp claiming to be the 'best imagers in that price range." Just looking for friendly, real-world advice. Thanks.

https://www.bhphotov...lar_System.html

#2 maxmir

maxmir

Viking 1

• ***--

Posted 01 July 2021 - 09:39 AM

Your posting in the Night Vision forum. Try the planetary imaging forum for your answer.

#3 XionUAV

XionUAV

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 July 2021 - 01:07 PM

Yeah I know where I posted. The forum description states "Night Vision Astronomy is astronomy performed with analog or digital devices capable of producing a real time view of celestial objects. This forum allows discussion of the equipment, its configuration and use..." That's exactly what I'm doing. But I'll go ask elsewhere. Regardless, I've decided to step it up a little and go with the ZWO ASI178MC 6.4 MP CMOS Color Astronomy Camera with USB 3.0# ASI178MC.

Edited by XionUAV, 01 July 2021 - 01:12 PM.

• charlieb123 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics