•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

CRWS Jet Stream website?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Cox

Steve Cox

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 July 2021 - 05:24 PM

Does anyone have any information or idea of the status on the CRWS website for Jet Stream maps?  It's been a while since I'd been there, but when I tried over the weekend, and still now, all the links come back giving me 403 permission errors saying I don't have permission to access the gif files anymore?  Any news I missed?  I've been using this site for years and would hate to lose it.

#2 happylimpet

happylimpet

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Southampton, UK

Posted 07 July 2021 - 05:30 PM

i dont use it (the one you mention), but this one is tremendous and super user friendly:

https://earth.nullsc...c=-1.418,50.936

Edited by happylimpet, 08 July 2021 - 02:57 AM.

#3 btschumy

btschumy

Vendor - Our Galaxy

• Vendors
  • Loc: Longmont, CO, USA

Posted 07 July 2021 - 06:36 PM

You can try this one from Meteoblue:

https://www.meteoblu...auto~250 mb~none

Edited by btschumy, 07 July 2021 - 06:40 PM.

#4 RazvanUnderStars

RazvanUnderStars

Apollo

• Loc: Toronto, Canada

Posted 07 July 2021 - 08:49 PM

Astrospheric also has a jet stream layer, select it from the left menu, under Map.

#5 Steve Cox

Steve Cox

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 July 2021 - 09:04 PM

As a follow-up, I dug around and found a posting that sfsu.edu was no longer supporting the site.  Too bad, I found it the easiest to read and use jet stream maps for aiding in predicting local seeing conditions.  While I find the other sites usable and do use the Astrospheric map, I found the lines and vectors with windspeeds listed much easier and user friendly.  If anyone knows of an equivalent site with the lines and windspeeds, I'd be interested to know.  If not, guess we can close this thread.

#6 zerogee

zerogee

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 20 July 2021 - 09:59 AM

Does anyone have any information or idea of the status on the CRWS website for Jet Stream maps?  It's been a while since I'd been there, but when I tried over the weekend, and still now, all the links come back giving me 403 permission errors saying I don't have permission to access the gif files anymore?  Any news I missed?  I've been using this site for years and would hate to lose it.

I'm not familiar with that service but I use this one for wind forecasting for my kiteboarding activities. I use the Jetstream map to see how weather systems that could bring us wind are moving across. This service has many other layers of forecasting that may be useful too.

https://www.windy.co...77,3,i:pressure

• btschumy likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics