•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

The Observing Side of EAA - what have you seen lately?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#51 Mark Lovik

Mark Lovik

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 September 2021 - 10:36 AM

I've only been doing EAA for about a month now.  I'm mostly going after the big WOW objects that I've seen many, many times before in my Dobsonian.  My favorite galaxy has always been M33 and I got my first image of it with my AT72EDII.

It would take me a little time to track them all down, but there are at least 10 NGC objects in that image - the brightest being NGC 604 near the top.

I'm completely blown away by how much I can see with a 2.8" telescope from my front yard.  I haven't gotten down to 17m yet, but 15m seems fairly easy within small galaxy groups...

An addition to finding other DSO's in the M33 image -- look in the galaxy itself.

Look for globular clusters in M33 -- you should find a Sky and Telescope and Astronomy reference.  There are 4 that should be relatively easy to find in your image!

• brentknight likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics