•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

8 inch LX10 for $250 - good deal?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 tedkord1968

tedkord1968

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 24 July 2021 - 05:59 PM

Thanks for all the advice. I've been busy, and haven't checked this thread for over a week. I jumped on it after the first couple posts. The optics are dirty, but look intact. I figured that for the price, if I got taken, it's not too bad, and the tripod and wedge are good. Came with more accessories than I thought, including an Orion Skyglow and OIII filter. I haven't tried the drives, either.

Edited by tedkord1968, 24 July 2021 - 06:00 PM.

#27 rmollise

rmollise

ISS

• Loc: US

Posted 24 July 2021 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for all the advice. I've been busy, and haven't checked this thread for over a week. I jumped on it after the first couple posts. The optics are dirty, but look intact. I figured that for the price, if I got taken, it's not too bad, and the tripod and wedge are good. Came with more accessories than I thought, including an Orion Skyglow and OIII filter. I haven't tried the drives, either.

Remember, the drive is just a simple tracking drive. No high speed slewing or anything like that. You can power it either with AAs or a 9-volt battery (either of which last a long time). :)

• BRCoz and Rick-T137 like this

#28 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 25 July 2021 - 07:10 AM

As other people have mentioned, $250 is a good price for just the optics if they are decent. If they are dirty just on the outside of the corrector that is easy to clean. How does it look on the inside?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics