•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sky & Telescope to Change Subscription Fulfillment Vendor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kevinbmarvel

kevinbmarvel

American Astronomical Society

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 13 July 2021 - 10:00 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm thrilled to be able to let you know that we will be shifting our subscription fulfillment vendor over the next two months.

Beginning in October of this year we will be supported by a strong new vendor who will provide much better service for our subscribers and much better reporting and support for our staff.  Our prior vendor was very much focused on large scale print magazines and Sky & Telescope was always a small fish in their big pond.  This precluded any customized support or attention, which we struggled to get when problems were identified.

We anticipate that the challenges both we and our subscribers have faced in the last year, although on a path to getting better, will be fully resolved with our new vendor, including easier access for subscribers to check on their own subscription status, update mailing addresses and other features.

We'll make a more formal communication to each subscriber as the transition approaches with additional details.  Thanks for being a subscriber and keep looking for additional news as we expand and enhance the Sky & Telescope portfolio.

Clear Skies,

Kevin B. Marvel

Executive Officer, American Astronomical Society

• Jon Isaacs, Bill Jensen, RogerLaureys and 19 others like this

#2 Upstate New Yorker

Upstate New Yorker

Ranger 4

• Loc: Florida

Posted 13 July 2021 - 10:05 AM

This is great news because Sky and Telescope is at the center of the amateur astronomy experience.  One question: what is happening with the Sky and Telescope 12 inch globes?  Their number seems to have dwindled over the past year, and they are one way that amateurs can enjoy the Solar System and beyond.  

• Starsareus likes this

#3 kevinbmarvel

kevinbmarvel

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 14 July 2021 - 09:13 AM

This is great news because Sky and Telescope is at the center of the amateur astronomy experience.  One question: what is happening with the Sky and Telescope 12 inch globes?  Their number seems to have dwindled over the past year, and they are one way that amateurs can enjoy the Solar System and beyond.  

We had some difficulties securing the large globes until just this week and I am happy to let you know that they are now available at https://www.shopatsk...lobes?___SID=Uv Some additional ones will be available in the next few weeks.

Best,

Kevin Marvel, Executive Officer 

#4 RazvanUnderStars

RazvanUnderStars

Apollo

• Loc: Toronto, Canada

Posted 15 July 2021 - 04:11 PM

Thank you, Kevin! Although I personally never had problems with the delivery, it's great to learn you found a better vendor. I recently renewed my subscription and am looking forward to the future issues.

#5 GOLGO13

GOLGO13

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: West Virginia

Posted 23 July 2021 - 09:36 PM

Great news on the new vendor. Mine did arrive very nicely this month though. 

Just need to read them more. I've got quite a backlog!!

Sky And telescope3

• Bill Jensen likes this

#6 Douglas Matulis

Douglas Matulis

Mariner 2

• Loc: Illinois, USA

Posted 27 July 2021 - 10:31 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm thrilled to be able to let you know that we will be shifting our subscription fulfillment vendor over the next two months.

Beginning in October of this year we will be supported by a strong new vendor who will provide much better service for our subscribers and much better reporting and support for our staff.  Our prior vendor was very much focused on large scale print magazines and Sky & Telescope was always a small fish in their big pond.  This precluded any customized support or attention, which we struggled to get when problems were identified.

We anticipate that the challenges both we and our subscribers have faced in the last year, although on a path to getting better, will be fully resolved with our new vendor, including easier access for subscribers to check on their own subscription status, update mailing addresses and other features.

We'll make a more formal communication to each subscriber as the transition approaches with additional details.  Thanks for being a subscriber and keep looking for additional news as we expand and enhance the Sky & Telescope portfolio.

Clear Skies,

Kevin B. Marvel

Executive Officer, American Astronomical Society

That is so awesome!  Thanks for the update.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics