•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NINA questions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 StarmanDan

StarmanDan

Aurora

• topic starter
  • Loc: Where the stars at night are big and bright...

Posted 14 July 2021 - 07:16 PM

Building a roll off and intend to use NINA for control. Was wondering if NINA has the ability to park the scope and close the roof if inclement weather (rain, clouds) occurs during an imaging session?

#2 Bob Denny

Bob Denny

Vendor (DC-3 Dreams)

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Mesa AZ USA

Posted 14 July 2021 - 07:58 PM

I just saw this. Sorry for being off-topic. Since you're building it, I'd suggest you find an architectural solution to avoid needing to have the scope parked in order to close the roof without damaging the scope. Or instead put a Klaxon Horn in your house that will go off when the weather becomes unsafe so you can go out there are close it up yourself safely. That way you even avoid the garage door units and the shaking start/stop too :-)  I've seen the "interlock sensors etc" thing end up in a trail of tears more than once. 

#3 Jim Waters

Jim Waters

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA

Posted 14 July 2021 - 07:59 PM

Yes - Post to Discord for details.

https://discord.com/invite/rWRbVbw

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics