•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Astrosurface redshift

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 GSBass

GSBass

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: South Carolina

Posted 18 July 2021 - 09:13 AM

Posted this in software but thought people in eaa should be aware in case you have a scope that sharpcap has star detection issues with…. Just an alternative so that you can still Image through them, you won’t get the benefit of seeing a live stack but this at least makes it more doable with a Az mount https://www.cloudyni...hift-……success/

#2 GSBass

GSBass

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: South Carolina

Posted 18 July 2021 - 09:23 AM

Btw…. I don’t know for sure but am suspecting that the culprit that makes sharpcap not like stars in long focal length scopes has to do with a threshold of contrast…. So that makes me think an experiment may be in order to try the mak again in live stacking using sharpcap 4.0 new background subtraction in the preprocessing camera dialog box. This new adjustment messes with the adu and just might help. Will try next time I get clear skies

Edited by GSBass, 18 July 2021 - 09:24 AM.

#3 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 18 July 2021 - 12:47 PM

As this has already been cross posted in another forum, please continue this  discussion in the topic that the OP has initiated in Astronomy Software & Computers. lock.gif

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics