•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade Series 4000 f/6.3 Focal Reducer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jcannady

jcannady

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: Danielsville, GA

Posted 19 July 2021 - 09:25 AM

So going through my collection of accessories for my former LX200 I found one of these.  Does anyone know if these will work with an LX600?  I still haven't unboxed my new LX600 or I'd check.  

Jim

#2 carolinaskies

carolinaskies

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Greenville SC

Posted 19 July 2021 - 02:01 PM

It will physically fit, however these are a combo reducer & corrector so be aware that if you are using a sensor larger than 1" likely you'll get unwanted aberrations.  This doesn't mean you can't try it of course... just to be aware it may not perform well.  

Now that being said, some owners of these reducer/correctors have removed the corrective lens and used only the reduction lens with some success.  

#3 jcannady

jcannady

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: Danielsville, GA

Posted 19 July 2021 - 02:38 PM

It will physically fit, however these are a combo reducer & corrector so be aware that if you are using a sensor larger than 1" likely you'll get unwanted aberrations.  This doesn't mean you can't try it of course... just to be aware it may not perform well.  

Now that being said, some owners of these reducer/correctors have removed the corrective lens and used only the reduction lens with some success.  

Thanks

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics