•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

snypex knight 8x50 d-ed, bresser pirsch ed 8x56

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gilked

gilked

Lift Off

• ***--
  • topic starter

Posted 19 July 2021 - 10:24 AM

Hi guys,

Does anybody here have any experience with one of these two?

I understand that the Snypex is no longer manufactured but there are some units left for sale and didn't find any review on it.  

thanx

Gil

#2 ihf

ihf

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: California, USA

Posted 19 July 2021 - 05:57 PM

I have a Snypex 10x32. A lot of the money went into the packaging, the case and the looks. I doubt the glass is ED, as I often see blue fringes in high contrast situations. Also vailing glare against the sun. One of the eyepieces unscrewed by accident. I screwed it back in but probably should use loctide. It is ok in low contrast situations. It is lightweight and packs small. It isn't bad enough that I never used it again. I also got it on sale and kinda got my money worth. It just wasn't any deal. Just an inexpensive achromat dressed up to look nice with a fancy story.

Of course there isn't much of a choice in 8x50s if one really needed one, especially somewhat short and leightweight. They have been languishing on sale at B&H for many years now.

• gilked likes this

#3 gilked

gilked

Lift Off

• ***--
  • topic starter

Posted 20 July 2021 - 04:28 AM

I have a Snypex 10x32. A lot of the money went into the packaging, the case and the looks. I doubt the glass is ED, as I often see blue fringes in high contrast situations. Also vailing glare against the sun. One of the eyepieces unscrewed by accident. I screwed it back in but probably should use loctide. It is ok in low contrast situations. It is lightweight and packs small. It isn't bad enough that I never used it again. I also got it on sale and kinda got my money worth. It just wasn't any deal. Just an inexpensive achromat dressed up to look nice with a fancy story.

Of course there isn't much of a choice in 8x50s if one really needed one, especially somewhat short and leightweight. They have been languishing on sale at B&H for many years now.

Thank you so much. the price looked suspicious  to me, compare to other ED binos with the same size.

• ihf likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics