•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Importing Fujifilm RAW into PIPP for Moon Images

Moon
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dionysus2112

Dionysus2112

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 July 2021 - 10:31 AM

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum (and almost everything on astrophotography), and I hope this is the correct place to ask this question! I recently took multiple images of the moon (Fujifilm XT-2/100-400mm lens), and attempted to import the Fujifilm RAW images into PIPP. I repeatedly get the following error: "<<path to one of the imported .RAF images>>: Unexpected end of file". It does not matter how many images, or what images, I import...same error. All images that I attempt to import where taken seconds apart. I did notice that the error never targets the first image (with the lowest raw image file name- sequence number) in the import as causing the error. There isn't anything on Goggle that seems to address this particular issue. Any ideas? And thanks in advance for any comments or help.

#2 rockethead26

rockethead26

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Northern Arizona, USA

Posted 19 July 2021 - 12:44 PM

Hi,

Most astro processing software is looking for .fit file format or maybe .avi for video. I would be surprised that a processor like the one you used would support multiple RAW formats. You may have to convert your raw Fuji files to a common format like .tif and then convert that to the .fit format. I don't know if that would work or not.

Good luck.

EDIT - I was looking at the instructions for PIPP and it looks like they at least support Canon and maybe Nikon raw, but Fuji would be highly unlikely.

Edited by rockethead26, 19 July 2021 - 01:02 PM.

#3 Dionysus2112

Dionysus2112

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 July 2021 - 09:10 AM

Thank you for the reply. I shoot lossless compressed on my camera, and perhaps that is the issue (?). In any event, short-term, I'll export those RAW images to TIFF and give it a try again in PIPP.

• rockethead26 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Moon

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics