•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

COMPUTAR 25MM F1.3 MCA2513APC - C mount to NV?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 1E1HFPPE

1E1HFPPE

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Washington, DC

Posted 19 July 2021 - 03:01 PM

Has anyone connected a COMPUTAR MCA2513APC lens to their C mount googles.  There are electrical connections to control the lens' iris.  The iris is closed when powered off. I do have the wiring diagram, so I assume I could just apply the correct voltage and the iris will open.  A little bit of hassle but the lens was cheap and available.

#2 Mazerski

Mazerski

Viking 1

Posted 19 July 2021 - 04:38 PM

I can’t help you with your lens setup but I will tell you that once you get Lens hooked up you will need a Baader 685nm IR filter due to the f/1.3 speed... so much light will enter the lens, due to your location, that all contrast will be lost between stars and sky. 

For emission nebula I would suggest the Astronomik 6nm Ha (CCD). 
I don’t live that far from you and our skies are ruined so filters with NV is a must.

#3 a__l

a__l

Gemini

• -----

Posted 19 July 2021 - 05:23 PM

The forum has photos of star fields using Computar lenses. Initially, I planned to buy a similar one, but after studying the available information I refused.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics