•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

The "Final Answer" For Meade LightSwitch 1.6e Firmware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tom Duncan

Tom Duncan

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Chico, CA

Posted 20 July 2021 - 10:51 AM

At least for me I've not had much luck finding the proper MiniSD chip, downloading exactly the right files, loading them properly, etc, for a Meade LightSwitch firmware upgrade or reload. In addition to it possibly not working there's the risk of bricking the scope.

So I went with Opticstar's loaded and tested 1.6e firmware on a dedicated MiniSD card, $44 dollars at the current exchange rate delivered from England in 7 days. The accompanying documentation is excellent, you can really tell these folks worked out all the kinks and potential pitfalls and made you aware of them with the accompanying documentation. I especially liked that each chip is individually tested on a Lightswitch scope. 

The purchasing process was easy and straightforward, the communications were spot on, tracking was clear, absolutely no issues at all. And yes, the firmware upgrade on my LS6 went from 1.6d to 1.6e without issue.

As a hard to find MiniSD card can be in the $20 range it was a no-brainer for me to spend the extra $24 to avoid all the potential hassles. 

I can't recommend this solution enough. 

Tom Duncan

PS: I have NO affiliation with Opticstar other than being a very satisfied customer. 

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_6171.JPG

#2 GalaxyPiper

GalaxyPiper

Viking 1

• Loc: Sacramento, California

Posted 20 July 2021 - 11:09 AM

Interesting. It's a shame we have to go to these lengths in our hobby to bring about solutions to a problem by scouring the world by internet.

Then again, we are lucky enough to live in an age that we have this ability to do so.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics