•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Thanks to CN User Stevegeo!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jpengstrom

jpengstrom

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: North Texas

Posted 21 July 2021 - 06:35 PM

A few weeks ago I posted a question here asking about the correct size for screws for the Meade 2080LX.  When I picked the scope up the owner told me he had lost one of the screws and had some masking tape covering the screw hole to prevent dust from getting inside.  The owner also gave me a Rigel Quickfinder that he said was given to him, but he never mounted it on the scope.

Well, the first thing I did was replace the masking tape with some blue painters tape - it's not Meade blue, but at least it was blue, and in the process I cleaned up the old goo that the masking tape left on the scope.  That's about when I posted the question asking for the correct screw size and CN user Stevegeo offered to send me some screws he had that might fit - a "Whitman sampler pack" of screws as he put it! lol.gif   That was really kind of him to do, and, as it turned out, one of them did fit with just enough length to mount the Rigel Quickfinder base to the screw hole.  Users like Stevegeo that are willing to go above and beyond to help out members of this forum are what make it the great place that it is.  Thanks again Steve!

Here are some pictures of the scope just before I put the Quickfinder on, with the base of the Quickfinder (and the magic screw in the middle of the base), and finally with the Quickfinder mounted.  I'll be taking it out tonight to see if I like using the Quickfinder - I expect I will.

51327078438_d260a5491f_k.jpg

51327078338_ef08c95f1d_k.jpg

51327078203_27a0187395_k.jpg

• John Rogers, deepwoods1, mdowns and 2 others like this

#2 Stevegeo

Stevegeo

Apollo

• Loc: Otisco lake. Marietta NY 13110

Posted 21 July 2021 - 06:43 PM

You're very welcome ..

Like you been there ..

Hope it serves as you well ..

Stevegeo 

• John Rogers, deepwoods1, jeremiah2229 and 3 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics