•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter nabbed another nice one same side

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Soyuz

• ****-
  • topic starter
  • Loc: sebastian fl

Posted 22 July 2021 - 05:24 AM

I was ging to try and go to bed early but Jove is close to opposition and I like imaging Jove and i have a 16 inch scope so out the door i went lol 16 inch f7 asi 224mc acdc corrector and 2 x barlow . i didnt us deconvolution on this one just linked wavelets

This is just to funny I had to share it the file time was 0725 the Jupiter I got the other day was 0725 they wereboth captured at the same moment on different days the one with ovalba close to center is from the 17th the other is fom the 22nd lol how funny is that

22021-07-17-0725_6-L-ZWO ASI224MC_Jupiter_Gain=399(off)_Exposure=3.jpg

2021-07-22-0725_9-L-ZWO ASI224MC_Jupiter_Gain=406(off)_Exposure=3.jpg

Edited by moonwatching ferret, 22 July 2021 - 05:38 AM.

• Thomas A Davis, lukasik, tboss70 and 22 others like this

#2 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Soyuz

• ****-
  • topic starter

Posted 22 July 2021 - 05:28 AM

oh well  2 of them I ran it through again 

#3 DirtyRod

DirtyRod

Mariner 2

• Loc: Arizona

Posted 22 July 2021 - 06:19 AM

Very nice images.

#4 RedLionNJ

RedLionNJ

Aurora

• Loc: Red Lion, NJ, USA

Posted 22 July 2021 - 10:33 AM

Love them, love them, love them. Excellent captures with beautiful, subtle processing. Couldn't imagine better (from Earth).

Just great Joe, really nice.

• moonwatching ferret likes this

#5 Lopper

Lopper

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: SW Ohio, USA

Posted 22 July 2021 - 07:43 PM

I've always loved your Jupiters. They have such a smooth, dreamy appearance to them and they're so richly detailed. Thanks for sharing!

#6 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Hubble

• Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...

Posted 22 July 2021 - 08:04 PM

Nice efforts Joe! waytogo.gif waytogo.gif

#7 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Soyuz

• ****-
  • topic starter

Posted 23 July 2021 - 12:51 AM

Thanks guys I reallydoapreciate comments although i dont seem to go around commenting to much on other poples stuff. In m own defence I can probably say I am just to busy. I just got home from work its 146 am i am wondering if i should try for Jupiter but its hazy and i have to much to do and also should try to get up early tomorrow to wash a ar and boat for a friend and pick up an extra few bucks so i can get another xternal drive. but ince i seemed to finally figure out my scope i can probably delite a bunch of stuff off my 3 old drives and clear enough room for a terabit 

as for my colors i have to pay to r new my photo shop licence and this is the best i could do. i can probably eek out some more details in the polar regions by messing with the left slider in histogram or gama ? i rs

I am happy with the natural soft look and not the usual over sharpened over saturated images usually posted

• RedLionNJ and Lopper like this

#8 mayhem13

mayhem13

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: New Jersey

Posted 23 July 2021 - 01:56 AM

Fantastic!!

#9 Foc

Foc

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: South Canberra

Posted 23 July 2021 - 04:25 AM

Great images!  Among other things, I like the way you consistently get differential color in the BA oval group.

#10 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Soyuz

• ****-
  • topic starter

Posted 23 July 2021 - 05:42 AM

Great images!  Among other things, I like the way you consistently get differential color in the BA oval group.

you man the greenish grey color and white center in oval ba and the pure white fuzball to its right and the white storm just below it ? I was hopping oval ba would have turned redish this year as for th SWGRS some what grat red spot every time its issible here its cloudy Im hopping its clear sunday morning for the ganymede/ shadow transit although its going to be tough i may have to work sunday so im also kind of hopping for cloudsy

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics