•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sky-Watcher AZ GTi WiFi what software

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 p1taylor

p1taylor

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: West Midlands UK

Posted 22 July 2021 - 09:03 AM

Hi All,   I have just got Sky-Watcher AZ GTi WiFi what software do I need to Control in alt-az, image in sharpcap with zwo  asi 178 all on my windows 10  laptop, if you need any more info just sack, not to good with pc.

peter

Edited by p1taylor, 22 July 2021 - 10:30 AM.

#2 terrypaula

terrypaula

Viking 1

Posted 22 July 2021 - 10:45 AM

Have you got ASCOM downloaded and installed?

#3 p1taylor

p1taylor

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: West Midlands UK

Posted 22 July 2021 - 02:04 PM

Hi Yes I have ASCOM Platform 6.5 SEPI-RC1.

peter

#4 jesco_t

jesco_t

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Hamburg, Germany

Posted 23 July 2021 - 05:05 AM

You need to install the SynScan software for windows. That‘ll add a SynScan telescope to ASCOM.

You power up your mount. Connect your laptop to the mount WiFi. Then you start the SynScan software and do the alignment. Afterwards you can start SharpCap and connect to the scope vis ASCOM.

#5 bmcclana

bmcclana

Vostok 1

• Loc: Central CT, USA

Posted 23 July 2021 - 11:25 AM

To control the mount, you need the synscan pro app and ASCOM driver for the app.

Connect the computer to the mount WiFi, open the app and get the connection to the mount. For a more robust connection, get an EQMOD usb cable to direct connect to the mount via serial and bypass the WiFi. Do the alignment in the app.

Then use sharpcap to connect to the camera and setup sharpcap to use the synscan app ASCOM driver to control the mount.

You should plan to add one of the plate solving softwares to the computer. I have used both all sky plate solver (ASPS) and ASTAP successfully, ASTAP seems much faster usually.

Once this is all talking, you can use the plate solve function to capture a frame, solve the actual mount position. Sync the mount to the current actual location, and then recenter the intended target.

I also use a sky map program linked to the synscan app to graphically show where the mount is pointing and choose targets, but this can be done from the synscan app also.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics