•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Perseids Lakeside Astronomy (Wyoming)

Outreach
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alancorey1979

alancorey1979

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Wyoming

Posted 22 July 2021 - 10:59 AM

If any locals or nearby locals are interested in joining me... I will be having a public star party in cooperation with the Meeteetse Museums at the Lower Sunshine Reservoir (44° 5'40.73"N, 108°59'19.80"W) on August 13th. I will have my scope there obviously but it would be helpful if anyone else in the vicinity would also join... just in case the crowd are large. The primary reason for the event is for the Perseids which peak the morning of the 13th.

I have never been to this area but according to the Light Pollution Map, I should expect at least a Bortle 2 sky. So I will probably camp the weekend and head home back to Casper on Sunday. Also, I have been fully vaccinated but I still plan to wear my mask.

Hope to see a few of you there... from where ever you come from.

• mdowns and Dynan like this

#2 hornjs

hornjs

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Billings, MT

Posted 22 July 2021 - 12:06 PM

If I'm not working that weekend I might be able to help.   You will be setting up Friday night?  

#3 alancorey1979

alancorey1979

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Wyoming

Posted 22 July 2021 - 03:14 PM

If I'm not working that weekend I might be able to help.   You will be setting up Friday night?  

yes sir. I plan to leave Casper in the mid morning so I should and hopefully will have ample time to get my gear set up.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Outreach

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics