•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Nexus DSC-bright stars catalogue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 David Dakstar

David Dakstar

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 July 2021 - 11:40 AM

In the bright stars catalogue in the Nexus DSC I have all the stars are named HR and  a number, for example HR25.Is this usual? I have the feeling that I may have accidentaly changed the way they are named somehow. Is there a way to change the catalgoue so that the stars are given their names rather than numbers, so that I can understand which stars are being referred to?

David

#2 David Dakstar

David Dakstar

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 July 2021 - 11:47 AM

Havig read a bit more about it, I guess the catalogue is meant to be like this. What I would like to do would be to add a ist of say the 30 birightest stars visible from the UK, is there anyway to do this? I am aware that there is also a catalogue called Named Stars

David

#3 RazvanUnderStars

RazvanUnderStars

Apollo

• Loc: Toronto, Canada

Posted 22 July 2021 - 02:39 PM

HR is one of the prefixes used by the Yale Catalogue of Bright Stars; I'm not near my Nexus now so cannot check if you can display alternate designations.

For what you asked in the second message, you can create a custom catalogue or an observing list with those stars. An observing list is probably easier to do as many apps allow you to save a list in the SkySafari file format used by Nexus as well.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics