•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Beta Testers Wanted: Buckeyestargazer ZWO EAF to Celestron SCT brackets

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 buckeyestargazer

buckeyestargazer

Vendor - Buckeyestargazer.net

• Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: IN, USA

Posted 22 July 2021 - 01:08 PM

The 3D printing revolution continues...

I am creating a line of ZWO EAF brackets to mount the EAF onto various Celestron SCTs (and I'd be interesting in expanding to other scopes as well).  I recently worked with a customer to make a bracket for an older Celestron C8 orange tube, pictured below.  

I am looing for a beta tester to test the bracket for the following scopes:

1.  Edge C6/C8/C9.25 or any other scope that has a brass focuser pinion that measures ~13mm in diameter. 

2.  Edge C11/C14 or any other scope that has a brass focuser pinion that measures ~22mm in diameter.

3.  Non Edge C11/C14 or any other scope that has a brass focuser pinion that measures ~23mm in diameter.

Please note that these images are of a PROTOTYPE and are not of the actual production model.  There will be some slight changes.  In particular, I will supply M3 set screws/grub screws, rather than the pictured M3 pan head screws.  The coupler fits on the EAF bare slotted pinion and is held in place by a set screw, and the coupler slips around the focuser brass pinion and secured with three M3 set screws.

Attached Thumbnails

• ZWO-EAF-C8Orange_1.jpg
  • ZWO-EAF-C8Orange_2.jpg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics