•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

CEM40 firmware update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 adosaj

adosaj

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 23 July 2021 - 05:37 PM

I was wondering if anyone had tried updating their CEM40 with the new firmware released 7 July, 2021? I have an old version of the firmware from back in 2019 and it looks like I need to update it with the newer version to control it with NINA. The thing is, I am in the Southern Hemisphere for work and don’t want to mess anything up since slewing to targets is working just fine with the hand controller. I got my mount in May of 2020, so is not the latest model, if that makes a difference. Should I just leave well enough alone and forget NINA integration till I get home, or have others had good luck with the updates? Thanks for any advice. 

Anil

#2 mewmartigan

mewmartigan

Apollo

• Moderators
  • Loc: outside of Pittsburgh, PA

Posted 23 July 2021 - 06:10 PM

My CEM40 with the old firmware works fine with NINA. What kind of error are you getting?

#3 adosaj

adosaj

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 23 July 2021 - 06:41 PM

My CEM40 with the old firmware works fine with NINA. What kind of error are you getting?

Ah, that was silly of me. I just downgraded the ASCOM driver to 5.7.5 and it was able to connect. Thanks for making me think about the “easy” correct solution and not the “harder” correct solution grin.gif

Anil

• mewmartigan likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics